Tactical Defense / CCW Training Class in Atlanta?

Bob_L

Inactive
Sorry for the crosspost:

Does anybody have any reccomendations on any kind of training course in the Atlanta area for personal firearms defense? I've carried a browning HiPower in my glove box for the last year or two, and have recently gotten my CCW. While I am confident shooting at a range, I know that won't help me one bit in an actual life or death situation. Since I believe that I should be both proficient with my weapon AND know what to do in life threatening situations, I want to take something to the effect of a tactical defense course. Anybody can shoot a handgun.... I want to be sure I'm taught the CORRECT way to do it.... UNDER STRESS.
Thanks for any help.

-bob

you might try contacting Professional Firearms Instruction located at 9052 homewood drive,Riverdale,Georgia 30274,phone #770-603-9681,pager #770-501-8362. also you might contact your local law enforcement agency and see if any courses are offered to the public.contact the training division of the NRA and see if they are conducting training classes at any local gun clubs. good luck and good shooting.

------------------

cliff

Bob,
Every Monday night we shoot IDPA matches at American Classic Marksman in Norcross and every fourth Sundays at South River Gun Club in Conyers. While these matches are not formal tactical training, they do offer gun handling skills under semi-stressful situations such as shooting on the move, malfunction clearances, reloading, shooting at multiple targets, using cover, low light shooting, etc. Please come out and give it a try. We have several shooters who are very skilled in defensive shooting and tactics that can offer tips and suggestions.

Hi. Check out the single- and multi-day training in GA topics over on the General Discussion forum for some classes held here in the state.

Edmund

Back