Tacks

Texas Reb

Let's see some tack decorations. I was looking at Sitting Bull's rifle or what the site said was his rifle. I kinda like how he arranged them at the end of the stock.

A couple of site's said to not use plated brass. I'm assuming cause the plating would wear off. I'm not much into brass, but I'd be all over copper tacks. I wonder if wax would protect them enough to keep the plating from wearing off?

Round head brass tacks(not plated) with square steel shanks are correct. Upholstery tacks are not. Most of the Indian rifles you will see that are tacked will be cartridge guns.

Hellgate,

I think there's a place called CrazyCrow that carries brass tacks too. eBay had some copper tacks, but they are plated.

I think there's a place called CrazyCrow that carries brass tacks too. eBay had some copper tacks, but they are plated.

You have to watch what you get from Crazy Crow. Some of their stuff is ok some of it is junk. I got a powder horn from them that was decent but I got a Bowie knife that wasn't worth the box it came in.

Howdy

Not a rifle, and not brass tacks, but I think it is pretty interesting anyway. This S&W No 1 1/2 Tip Up, First Issue shipped in 1865. It has an interesting pattern of steel pins set into the right grip in the shape of the number 5. I have no idea why it was done, but I found it pretty interesting.

Model%201%201-2%20First%20Issue%2001_zpsf5lfdk9k.jpg

Model%201%201-2%20First%20Issue%20Grip%20Closeup_zpsdcivpiw2.jpg

Lee44ShoterCnB - Jack Brooks taught us that. Drill a hole, apply a small dab of epoxy and drive a piece of brass rod into the stock. File flush and you're GTG.

Back