TAC16???

Do NOT recommend using a .223 can on a .22lr. .22 is very dirty and will deposit a lot of lead into the can. Many .22 cans are designed for this and can be disassembled for cleaning. If you use a .223 can you'll just fill it up with lead and eventually make it ineffective. Not something you normally want to do with an expensive piece like that which costs $200 just to own.

Thats verry true if you buy a suppressor for an ar 15 use it only for that rifle with clean ammunition it will last longer

Do NOT recommend using a .223 can on a .22lr. .22 is very dirty and will deposit a lot of lead into the can. Many .22 cans are designed for this and can be disassembled for cleaning.
The TAC-16 is a take apart can.

I own a TAC-16 and can say this. Yes it works, yes you will need to clean it out regularly if you use 22 rimfire. It is also too heavy for a 22 rimfire can. On rifles it changes the POA significantly and on handguns your wrists will give out after awhile as well.

I bought the TAC-16 because there is a possibility of me shooting cast lead bullets and wanted to be sure I could clean it.

Back