T-series hi-powers

hdm25

Can anyone tell me anything about T-series hi-powers compared to more modern production hi-powers in terms of durability and general quality?

I presume by "T-series" you are referring to the High Powers made during WWII by John Inglis of Canada, and bearing seria numbers running 1TXXXX, 2TXXXX, 3TXXXX, etc. These are by all accounts excellent guns, though all parts do not interchange with FN manufactured guns. I cannot compare them for you with modern production BHPs, but compared to milspec P35s they are about as good as they get.

Hello. I'm sure that the previous poster's information concerning Ingles HPs is correct, but there is another "T Series" of HPs. I'm not sure of the dates, but I THINK that these are late to mid-sixties manufacture. You can find out when your gun was made by going to http://www.fnhipower.com

Reportedly, any of the forged frame HPs are a bit softer than the current cast frame pistols.

Best.

What I like best about my T-series BHP (manufactured in 1968) is the original magazine. The front surface of the mag tube is brightly polished blue, helping to make the action of the mag safety and therefore the trigger much smoother. Such attention to detail is typical of the pistol as a whole--truly a quality piece.

The capability of the T-series to feed hollowpoints and handle +P ammo may be open to question. So I save these for BHPs of recent vintage.

BTW, did Browning use its infamous salt wood during any of the T-series years? I really don't know. But if so, the resulting effect of the grips on the frame would be the only thing I'd be concerned about with respect to these pistols.

Back