T/C new englander rear sight

rebs

On my rear sight the elevation screw hear sticks up and keeps me from being able to put the front sight right in the small notch in the rear sight. Were they like this or did a previous owner maybe lost the original screw and put this one in ? Has anyone else had this problem ?
Since they have been bought out by S&W I doubt it would do any good to call or write them.

The original screw had a pretty thin upper part to it, and had serrations to contact a check ball to hold it at one position. If you don't find an original, you can just thin out the head of the screw...no big deal.

I haven't been able to find one so I will try filing the head down some, problem is the head of the screw is not all that thick. I might order a peep sight if this doesn't work. Wow a peep sight is expensive though. I. Might have to settle for a set of fiber optic sights.

I noticed a couple of rear sight tc screws for sale on ebay. Pretty pricy for a screw 13-15 bucks....but if all else fails.

I will check ebay and ask if the ones on their fit flush in the sight. If the peep sight wasn't so expensive I would just put one of them on it. That would probably be best with my eyes.

Why pay a outrageous scalpers price for a lone elevation screw. Bite the Ball and get that Williams Fool Proof peep. (Old eyes need a break too occasionally):D

Back