T/C ICON

BIG P

Picked up new to me T/C Icon in 30-06.This thing is like new,R5 barrel floated nice trigger.nice wood.I think it must be one of the early runs before the recalls I never looked at how nice these rifle were because of the recalls.Got this rifle for 500 bucks.I'm thinking WOW what a deal.Am I wrong? I bet Somebody knows about the Icon,The good ,BAD,Most of all did I get Screwed ? Thanks for any help Guys.I dont have pics yet,Cant tell that its been shot at all not a mark on it.

A used non collector grade rifle value is subjective. If you think you got a good deal, then you got a good deal. The Icon is a pretty rifle. It is also an accurate, well made rifle. It never really sold well. It looked good, but not good enough to sell very well at its price point.

Considering the rifle is no longer in production and never quite caught on, the seller got a fair deal............from a buyer's perspective, you got a great deal. I own two of these in weather shield format since 2009, paying a bit more on average and consider them excellent rifles. Very accurate, much more so than I, and easy to shoot accurately at the bench. Folks who have these are usually very satisfied, I feel lucky to have these as they did not come recommended in my circle, I just took a chance based on reviews from publications.

The TC Icon was an attempt by TC to penetrate the premium bolt action market. Like the TC Venture, they were great shooters, using the same Bergara barrels as their single-shot rifles. They are well-made and handle well, but the puying public never warmed up to them. I think maybe the fact that Bergara had ideas about building rifles of their own may have had something to do with their being dropped by TC.

em. I think maybe the fact that Bergara had ideas about building rifles of their own may have had something to do with their being dropped by TC.
I would guess that BPI acquiring CVA and Bergara ended the tc/Bergara affiliation.

I put a Vortex Viper PA. on the rifle to try it out,turned it in at 200 yds.was very pleased,moved to 400 no problems getting hits.I'm no bench guy but this thing made me look good.I had no idea about the Bergara barrels or why the Icon was droped.I do know that this is a very soild rifle.look good shoots great,Came with a good bit of bells an whistles for a box gun.And I'm proud to have it.It does have the dimple on the safty for the recall.I would buy another one.Thank you all for the great information.Would like to hear any other pro's or con's.

Glad it seems to have worked out for you, hope you enjoy. Both of mine are stamped Rochester NY....didn't realize Bergara may have made the barrels. I did read an article (back in the day) that Gregg Ritz was heavily involved in the rifles development, not that that matters much to anyone. It wasn't until a few years ago when I started watching the Outdoor Channel that I even realized who he was.

I always thought it was a shame this model did not become more popular and was discontinued. One of my buddies has one and it's less than a MOA shooter. I thought they had very good quality and nice triggers. Having the option to change bolt handles easily was a nice feature. Being a short bolt throw fan, it was another option to consider when buying a new bolt rifle.

Back