T/C Hawken's

Game Getter

I got to tell you guys this one. I own 3 T/C’s Traditional Muzzleloaders already, but did not have one in a .54 cal. Flintlock. In August I found and bought a T/C Hawken’s in .54 Flintlock used. I’ve been looking for one a long time and found this at a good price. After receiving it, I found a small crack in the stock and did not want to take a chance getting hurt shooting it. So I called T/C and explained that I would need a new stock and if I can buy one and please ship it so I can install it myself. Was told they don’t do that and I would have to send back the gun and they would replace it at no charge, due to their warranty policy. Was told it would only cost me the shipping to them and no other charges. I said OK , Heck a new stock for shipping cost , I can’t lose….
Well , let me tell you, not only did it cost only the shipping cost for this stock problem,
They send me a brand new .54 cal. Flintlock Hawken GUN !!!!!!!! for the shipping cost…. I called them this morning and explained that I did not receive my rifle back and that it was a new one , She explained to me that it was easier to replace the rifle than to repair the old one..
Now That’s Great Customer Service !!!!!!!!

441104.JPG

Last edited:
your not the first,,LOL..

..i know it has happen to two people so far,,
but hey dont just be going around cracking the
other ones...LOL.just kidding..you could have told them
you did not want it,,,he-he-ha

Sundance44s

I bought 5.. T/C hawkens and renagades from a pawn shop for 50 bucks a piece ...and the warrenty is still good ....you just can`t beat that kind of warrenty ..I`ve use it once i paid the shipping too , and they paid the shipping back and i had it back with in two weeks .

Thompson Center not only has one of the best products, and warranty on the market, but their customer service is absolutely the BEST.

Good story, I'll try to keep it short.

When I first got my Encore, I could not get it to hit accurately at all, so I called Thompson. The lady that answered was very nice, but did not know what to tell me, and immediatly transfered me to one of the Thompson Technical guys. I told him about my accuracy problems, and he paused for a minute, then reluctantly told me, that a Thompson rifle, is only as good as the shooter. This made me pretty angry, since I have been shooting since I was 5 years old, and have won several turkey shoots.

He then began to ask me questions about, what kind of charge I was using, and what kind of bullets, and primers, and loading procedures. He was very calm,cool, and collected, about it, and I soon figured out, that nothing I was doing was what he told me I should be doing. (long story short) I finally gathered up the things he told me to get, and went to the range, and followed his instructions to the letter. To my surprise, the rifle began to shoot 1" groups at 50 yards, and 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards, immediately.

I wound up calling the Thompson company back, and appologized to him for my steamed attitude. The guy just laughed, and told me that I was not the first guy that had gotten a little PO'd at him.

Since then, I have found the company to be very helpful when I call with a question, and their products are second to none.

I too have had good service from T/C, but it just makes me wonder... How much are those flintlocks really worth, if they find it more economical to replace a gun instead of swapping a piece of wood?

Med,

From what I gather, Thompson works every stock for a particular rifle, to make sure the stock fits right. It is probably more economical for them to send back an entire rifle, rather than have to send a stock that may or may not fit your barrel and mechanism. I'll bet their employees get paid pretty good, so it may be cheaper on them, than tyeing up an employee to fix one.

I produce products in my business, and it is sometimes cheaper on me to replace it, to keep a customer happy, than it is to have to re-work a product over again.

Just my 2 cents.

My experience with TC Customer Service has also been pretty good, though not quite the super-satisfied the rest of you have had.

I bought a TC Encore ProHunter Katahdin back in July or June. At first it was shooting WAY over the target. Lowered the rear sight, played with loads and I finally got it down closer, but still too high. So I called customer service and sent them the offending front sight (they wanted the whole rifle, actually, but I didn't really want to sent it that way) and got a replacement back in a few days. (I live a few hours away.)

So for a few cents postage and a 75 cent padded envelope, my Encore is now hitting where it looks. And it shoots great! 1" or better at 50 yards with real blackpowder and a couple of different bullet/sabot combos.

I picked up a T/C Hawken .50 in percussion this Summer. We found that it is very sensitive to the patch weight, patch lube and powder charge combination than our other-brand rifles. We finally got it dialed in and it's going to be shown a deer or two tomorrow.

Pops

Back