T/C Dimension

steveNChunter

Just wondering about the new Dimension from Thompson/Center. Its an interesting concept.

Anyone have one, shot one? What did you think of it? Was it accurate? Is the interchangeability on a bolt gun a good idea or does it hurt the gun overall? Is it worth the $600 or so otd for a new one plus the cost of additional barrels, bolts, and magazines? Or are you better off buying up a bunch of Ruger Americans or something in that price range in each caliber you want?

If I'm not mistaken T/C gives their MOA guarantee with this rifle just like their other bolt actions.

Im slightly skeptical of it but if it works as good as T/C says it does it would be nice

That would be cool, it seems as though either nobody on here has one or they dont think enough of them to waste their time posting. That may be a sign...

The fault of the Encore is really that by the time you pay for the barrel and optics you aren't that far off a dedicated bolt gun. If there was a way to easily use the same optic for each barrel and adjust the zero it might work better. Economically you don't end up ahead with the set-up and you really have LESS utility than dedicated guns.
With the dimension you add in bolt and magazine costs.

Until they bring down the cost of their barrels, I don't think they will sell. At $320 a barrel, you can get a good dedicated bolt rifle (ex. ruger american) for just $30 more. No fuss about changing barrel, just grab and go. About the only benefit right now is saving a little space in you safe.

I agree PTS1. I like the idea if it were cost effective. I'd like to hear from somebody that has one to see if they are satisfied with it for the money they spent.

TC has done a fabulous job of marketing their over priced products. I fell for the Encore hype only to be let down by poor accuracy. No way would I part with my cash for possibly the ugliest bolt gun ever invented.

Back