T/C Compass question

snowman748

I picked up a Thompson Center Compass in 308 from my local Academy for $274.99 + $75 mail in rebate (which I sent out today). I haven’t shot the rifle but for $199.99 I’m super excited! It sure seems to beat the hell out of my wife’s Savage Axis SR in 223 I bought her last year for $249.99 +$50 mail in rebate. Not that the Axis has been a bad Gun because it’s extremely accurate but I feel like the Compass just offers more.

My only complaint is a can’t seems to find ANYONE making a laminate stock for the Compass. Do y’all have any leads where to find one or if someone is working on one? I’ve seen bolt handles already being offered which is crazy to me since no one has a wooden stock yet.

The jury is still out on the Compass. It is the budget version of the Venture which was the budget version of the Icon. I have two ventures. One is wonderful, one probably knows how to walk to Smith and Wesson because it has been back so many times. I finally got tired of them, put the barrel in the lathe, and recut the chamber myself.

It always amazes me that people buy budget rifles, replace everything on them, and end up spending more than the higher end rifle would cost.

Honestly I wasn’t planning on replacing anything on the rifle except the stock. Yes I could’ve bought several other rifles with a threaded barrel and wood stock but not even close to the price I paid for the Compass and potentially a wood stock.

I bought my wife’s Axis SR for $199. A boyds stock costs around $159, that’s a decent rifle with a threaded barrel for $350 and I’m not having to drop the entire price at once.

Back