t/c blk diamond range report

dr1445

i switched to the flame thrower #11 nipple from the 209 on my tc blk diamond. much cleaner, i will try the standard #11 next. i have a bottom end tasco pronghorn scope on it now, it does not work well with my old eyes. i managed the target at 50 yds, with dim fuzzy optics, combined with fuzzy cross hairs. i recieved the new peep sight from brownell's, now i am just waiting on the front sight.
1420291450.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can't argue with "Performance"

Very nice and similar to the shot-string in my Black Diamond. When you switch the Flame-Thrower nipple back to the standard, check the condition of all vents and tell me what you see. What I'm looking to see, is if the side vents or ring of fire, are restricted. ... :confused:

By the way, what is Black MZ? Propellant?

Thanks for sharing and;
Be Safe !!!

i take my bp guns down to pretty much the last screw right after shooting. the nipples and such go in the sonic cleaner, then the oven @ 215f, then i apply johnsons floor wax. i use a piece of safety wire to clean to flash hole/holes because the hot wax melts and flows. with only 5 rounds, it is hard to make any judgements on the flame thrower but for sure it is cleaner than the 209, even the scope was cleaner.
http://www.alliantpowder.com/products/powder/blackmz.aspx

edit; the black mz particle size is large and hangs up in my traditions brass powder flask, it is also expensive and costs to many $, other than that its a good powder.

Last edited:
Too bad TC stopped making the Black Diamond, it's a fine gun. The Black Diamond does get cruddy, especially when using 209 primers. Mine now uses #11 caps and a plain old TC nipple.

Been using Black MZ since it first became available. Black MZ likes a tight fitting sabot seated hard on the powder. i also use Black MZ in my conventional muzzleloaders when firing patched round ball: This requires a tight fitting patch seated very hard on the powder.

Graf's has Black MZ at $21.99.

i think they charge a flat 7.95 shipping + the 28.50 hazmat fee. once all tha adding is done it is far from the 22 base price. still, it is a better price than the lgs, if you have the almost 150 to spend for 5 lbs or more.

Back