Synthetic Stock for Rem 700?

dball01

I am looking to buy a synthetic stock for my Remington 700 in 223. It has a varmint weight barrel. Does any one have any suggestions and/or recommendations as to where I might find a decent one? Thanks.

well it shouldnt be very difficult to find what you are looking for with the huge variety offered. Some places to start might be midwayusa, brownells, Ebay (believe it or not you might find a very good deal) Other than that if you google 700 stocks you will find a whole mess of companies that carry many different ones. Hope that helps!

What are your plans for this rifle? Expectations? Lots of good options once you know what you want to do with it. Budget considerations could narrow choices as well.

Last edited:
You might have a look on GunBroker , they usually have 6 or 7 pages of Remington rifle stocks . I have a few wooden ones for sale myself , but only one Synthetic ADL SA . The advantage of going with a wooden one is that you can make the barrel channel fit the barrel . With a synthetic you will need one that was made to fit your barrel contour . You can butcher a synthetic to fit your barrell but the results will be most unsatisfactory , floating will be impossible !

I could suggest stocks costing from $50 to $500. The more expensive stocks are truly better. Just depends on how much you want to spend. If you go cheap on a synthetic stock you are better off going with a laminated wood stock. What kind of budget are you considering and what are your plans for the rifle?

I guess I should have been a little more specific. The action is an ADL, and it is my praiirie dog gun. I really don't require a synthetic stock, as I am worried about the barrel channel not being large enought for my BIG barrel. It needs to be sturdy, as I use it with a bipod that attaches to the sling swivel stud.

Bell and Carlson light tactical. For the money, you can't beat it. I paid ~$240 shipped for mine.

I put one on my SPS Tactical (varmint contour barrel) a few weeks ago. The only thing I had to do was sand around the bolt handle cutout in the stock, as the bolt handle was lightly touching it. Aside from that, it was a drop in fit.

Back