Sweet little Rossi find.

Chainsaw.

Just got home from the local Mom N Pop gun shop, hopped in for some primers and gas checks, walked out with a Rossi model 38 in 38 special. This thing looks like it just walked off the factory floor. Its been shot but veeeery little blueing is pretty darned good for a Brazilian gun. Grips are a nice dark wood and are in excellent shape. The action is surprising, its as smooth as most Smiths Ive shot (not my N frame, nothing beats it). Price was fair but Im just tickled at how nice it is. Shoots great, P.O.A. P.O.I.

Ill see if I can get a pic up.

Its been shot but veeeery little blueing is pretty darned good for a Brazilian gun
Don't confuse Rossi for that other South American gun company... ;).

Rossi always did turn out pretty decently finished guns in the old days.

I found a Rossi 38spl 5 shot with a 3 inch barrel thats factory box was wooden .. Looked unfired and has deep blueing $150.00 OTD ....
Cleaned it up .. Took it to the range .. Guy shooting next to me swaped me a S&W 910 even ....

I have an older Interarms Rossi 720 3" 44spl and it also has a really nice action. I was surprised for a non Smith to have such a smooth action. Pictures please if you can.

Smee78, agreed, really suprised at how smooth the action is, also how appropriate the pull weight is, heavy enough for a concealed carry gun but not a pound beyond that.

Heres a link to my instagram photo, straight from the shop so its covered in dust and fingerprints.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BicW3Iwh2Rm/

Last edited:
I have an Interarms Rossi revolver and lever action rifle from the early 90s and they are 2 of my favorites. I almost bought a Rossi pump action .22 rifle in beautiful nickel and walnut but ended up with something else that day.

Which lever gun? I had one in 44mag back when I was in high school but stupidly let it go. I could swear it was better quality than the ones made these days but I also wonder if my brain wasn't versed in what a truely quality firearm was back then.

So, it turns out, someone at the gun shop didnt have their reading glasses on. This is a model 33, not a model 38, which bumps the value up. Media is price is about what I paid for a gun, top price, which given the excilent condition of this gun is about $400.

Holy crap I think I may have won for once.

...that's a pretty gun !! Good score. But I can see you're bored with it already, you should sell it to me right away.

I came across this Little Rossi some years ago. Owner had not put more than 50 rounds through it. It is chambered in 32.S&W long. Double action is heavy, but the single action is light as a feather. Very accurate. No problem doing bulls eys at 10 yds Reading a little bit about the history. The gun was built with SW machinery. Circa 70's.

he Rossi Model 68 was introduced in 1978 and is an adaptation of the earlier Model 27 Pioneer revolver. Although almost identical to the Model 27, the Model 68 has some slight improvements, such as an adjustable rear sight and a ramp front sight. This weapon is a close copy of the Smith and Wesson Model 36 and was produced under license from S&W on S&W machinery in Brazil. (Info as close as I can come)

YxOJgsS.jpg

Last edited:
They must have been a fairly close copy. When the hammer nose broke on one of my Rossi revolvers, the hammer nose from a S&W needed only very minor adjustment to fit and work perfectly.

I have a Rossi 461 .357, and its a sweet little gun...no problems whatsoever..replaced it as an EDC with a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp...still have the Rossi as a bug out bag gun... Good find!

Back