Sweet day at the range

Bigdog29

Inactive
Just sharing an experience....I have a friend that works for a construction company that bought some land for shooting. It's more than enough land with a range that has a 100 ft long 20ft high mounded dirt backstop. The range has seated and standing bench rests and fixed targets. Better yet about 100 yards away from that range facing the oppossite direction they have a trap range. They bought a used trap contraption that was neglected and sold cheap. Anyway this thing has a steel platform about 7x7ft with steps to a second 7 x7 platform above it all welded together. It has 8 spring loaded launchers on the bottom and 8 on top. It shoots the clays from every angle. There are even a couple launchers that shoot the clays straight up (slight angle). My friend and I went through 2 cases of clays and even more shells. The best part is that I can go there whenever I want. Christmas came early. I even got to do a little four-wheelin' in my new truck to get out there.:)

Awesome!!! I am glad there are still areas with that kind of free space around. Sooner than later, I expect houses in the area I normally go out to do my pinking.

Zane

Sounds like a "Traphouse Sporting Clays" mobile unit. A local range has one that they use occasionally. Kind of like a mini Sporting Clays course on a trailer.

It's great when you can find a place to shoot that isn't expensive. Most Sporting Clays courses charge $30 or more for a round of 100 clays.

Have fun, and BTW those Straight up birds are known as Springing Teal in Sporting Clays. Can be difficult targets. Try to get them to throw some specialty targets like Rabbits and Mini's.

Geoff Ross

You got it good, Bigdog. Sounds like a great place to have fun and get in lots of practice.

A bit of advice, keep the guest list short. The more folks that know about this, the better the chance it will end up messy. Remember the Bozo Factor, "It only takes one clown to $%^&* it up for everyone"...

Back