swedish and enfield

dblought

Inactive
i am going to sell a 1900 swedish 96/38 and a no4 mk2 enfield my eyesight needs a scope anymore and I don't want to bubba these as they are in above average condition. can anyone give me a relistic selling price? thank you.

I can't help with the swede, but I have a few enfields. We bought an average condition No4 MK1 for $300 two years ago, and a very nice No4 Mk1* for $400 last year.
Check out gunbroker for current offerings.

A lot will depend on where you are. Milsurp values vary a great deal from place to place. And condition is everything. No. 4 Mk 2 Lee-Enfields, for example, were painted black with Suncorite. Then you get into the number of rifling grooves and whether or not it's an actual Mk 2 or a converted Mk I*.
A to the 96/38, how long is the barrel? It being a "long rifle"(an M96) or a short(M38) matters.
It's best to rummage around the auction sites like Gunbroker to get a ball park figure. Keeping in mind that most of the sellers on those sites are dealers thinking they're going to get rich selling milsurps.

GB, being and auction, is unrealistic unless you look at the closed auctions.

You might also try GunsInternational.com, a for sale site, NOT an auction site. Most sellers are brick and mortar as well as on-line.

A 96/38 is a long rifle converted to a short rifle , so it will be a short rifle . It will be worth the least of the 3 main types as it is a conversion .

Back