Swed

Surp

Well the m41b finally came in today....

The bore doesn't look bad but if I am reading this disc right it's saying the bore was rusted/worn out and ready for replacement the last time the arsenal checked it?
CAM00197_zpsb199e880.jpg

Also another thing I found weird was the stock is pretty well in perfect shape but it feels and looks unfinished with no gloss and a kind of rough feel. It does have the crown mark on the grip

Last edited:
I don't know if those disks are original or not. I've seen some that are simply stamped M41B with no gauge marks at all and mine is the gauge marked disk but I'm pretty sure it's missing a reading somewhere.

the stocks are beech, stained dark... BLO or other treatment would probably be in order and... it'll probably strip the top layer off the handguard when you slip the stock ring off, showing that nice beech blonde wood underneath that stain... kind up upset me a little.
here's a thread I started when I was first getting mine on another forum, the guys there know a lot about swedes. if you want, it's most relevant to you at the beginning of the second page.
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=126933.0

Last edited:
dose your stock look like it was just stained with no gloss at all and a ruff unfinished feel?

I have a mosin stock that someone refinished by just sanding it down and applying some type of stain to it and this stock looks a lot like that.

I live several miles from my gun repository... I barely get the chance to go out that way anymore... never have taken pictures of it.

we'll just say yours wins.

Back