Swarovski Optik -

NHSHOOTER

I was hunting in SC last week and down there we hunt late in the dwindling light. The discussion came up about Swarovski scopes and their light gathering abilities. I was just looking for some hands on input from those of you that own or have owned them, are they really worth the extra $$$$$ ????

I made the mistake of looking through a pair of Swarovski binoculars while at Bass Pro one day. It ruined me for life.

"...their light gathering abilities..." Same as any other scope. Swarovski are the guys who make Steiner binoculars.

As someone that purchased a Swarovski spotting scope back in 2004 and then purchased 2 sets of Swarovski binos and now won’t buy any rifle scope less than Nightforce NXS quality.

No they are not worth the money you will be forced to shell over the rest of your life because every lesser optic you look through for the rest of your life just won’t meet the muster..

So yes they are that good!

Last edited:
I have always believed that an optical scope's value can only be determined by the user/owner.

There are some unbelievable optics available today.

The Swarovski optics are fantastic. My preference in high end optics are those produced by March.

Not knowing that much about optics, I purchased a Swarovski rifle scope years ago on the recommendation of a gun shop that sells quality. It spoiled me for life. Looking thru anything else was a disappointment.

Have the following Swarovski:
Spotting scope
10X42 Binocs
(2) 3X9 scopes (1" tubes)
2.5X9 scope (30mm steel tube)
Laser range finder
Binoc 2X multipliers (2)

Back