Swap 45 Colt Boolits

Edward429451

I have a .45/454 mould that I cast 325 gr SWCGC's with for my mdl 83. So far it is the only mould I have for 45 Colt / 454 and I would like to try some different boolits, maybe some 250/255's?

If anyone would like to try a 325 gr GC boolit trade me weight for weight for your cast boolits. I can provide the 325's as cast or sized, with or without gas check.

Mine is Lyman 325 gr SWCGC with two crimping grooves for 45C/454 sized to .452 with Red Rooster hard lube.

Thanks for looking :-)

I don’t know how much help this will be, last year I bought a Ruger Black hawk 45 colt. I bought a Lee 452-252 SWC mold, the bullets shot very well. About $20.00 for the Lee mold.
But I use a Lyman 450. The Lee Bullets would not hold much lube, so I also tumble lubed them. As I said the Ruger liked the bullets weight and design, but I am not a fan of the TL method.
I sold the mold and bought the Lyman 452424 – 255Gr SWC. These bullets shoot great too. But have wider / deeper lube grooves,
My point being, Lee molds are very cheap, and I have used several in the past to find a similar Lyman or RCBS mold design I liked.
You may loose a couple bucks on the resale of the Lee mold.
But still cheaper than mailing bullets back and forth.

Edward; I have a Saeco 300 grain 45 mould, but I won't be casting anything until the weather stabilizes. Cold metal and a hot pot equals splatter, and I'm too oldenphat to move very quickly. If I make any, I'll PM you and send you some to try. I size them .452" and can make them any kind of hard. Just be patient. CB. Oh, I forgot, they will have gaschecks. I wish I could afford an 83 in 41.

Back