SW99 ammo advice?

gunpowder

Just bought a SW99 9mm at a gun show and wanted to read what ammo SW99 owners are having success with. I hated to spend the money but my wife talked me into it :D.

ANYTHING BUT GOLDDOTS!!!!! the P/SW99 DOES NOT LIKE GOLD DOTS. THEY GET STUCK IN THE RIFLEING, AND LOCK UP THE GUN. IT REQUIRES A GUNSMITH TO EXTRACT THE UNSPENT ROUND. THIS HAPPENED TO MY BUDDIES P99. THE SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO HIS P5. THE GUNSMITH SAID DO NOT USE GOLDDOTS AT ALL!!!!!!

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

[This message has been edited by denfoote (edited January 08, 2000).]

I have used american eagle,blazer, UMC, remington, all with out problems, i havent shot any hollow points yet but will get some soon, I like my SW99 no problems other than i
hit the slide catch one time and keep the slide open with my left hand once, couldnt do it again.

I got a case of 9mm 115gr JHP from Precision Ammo this past Friday, and fed some of it to my SW99 along with identical loads from Georgia Arms. Both fed reliably.

Only one hiccup--and that was because I didn't have the magazine inserted all the way. :p

Magtech 9mm 115gr FMJ feeds well--but I don't think this pistol should have any problems taking round-nosed loads.

I was concerned about its ability to feed hollow-point or truncated-cone-type loads (because of the relatively steep loading ramp), but this weekend put those fears to rest.

jth

------------------
Better a smart man with a dumb gun
Than a dumb man with a smart gun...

I tried UMC 115gr this morning and Winchester Clean 115gr. The Winchester clean which is cone shaped fed great but the UMC which is round in shape seemed to be a tight fit when first loading the first round into the chamber but seemed to feed ok when firing. Although I shot only 9 rounds of UMC I think I will still just stay clear of them and others with similiar shaped bullets.

Back