SW K/L Frame Combat Grips Value?

lunger

I have a set of square butt K/L combat grips . I haven't used in years.Never thought of selling them. I believe from the 80's

I have seen some on E bay going from $200 to $350. I know people ask ridiculous prices on there.

Anyone know what the fair market value would be for a set in pretty much unused condition with nice grain?

I am thinking this would be a nice start toward a new firearm for something I don't have a use for.

You mean standard Smith factory K/L frame grips? $35 at Midway. $37.50 direct from Smith. $82 for 'Target' grips direct from Smith.
Anybody who'd pay $200 - $350 from the Evil Empire is very confused.

O'heir , in a word NO.

These are not the ones currently available. They are the ones that came K/L frames 30 or so years ago.

These older revolvers are becoming collectible and fetching higher prices .People that have them with aftermarket grips are trying to return them to original condition. I assume this is driving up the cost of original older grips.

The world is full of confused people.

They are worth some money, I sold some K frame Magna Grips on ebay for $90.00. 2 sets of 80's vintage Python grips for close to $400.00 each! Some people will pay just about anything these days.
Oh and I have the round butt version of your square butt grips, I've seen them go for around $300.00 on ebay. I'm keeping mine because I have an older 2 1/2" Model 66.

Thanks Guv

I always liked the way the looked but didn't fit my hand.Never been an Ebay seller. Maybe I'll post the in one of the forums for sale sections.

The ones that came K/L frames 30 or so years ago haven't changed in that 30 or so years. Spent a bunch of time trying to get an Model 19 fit my hand by changing grips. Tried 'em all. Still too big.

Yeah, I got my son to handle the ebay stuff.;) I have yet to do it myself.
The old ones were made from Goncalo Alves, beautiful wood. I think it came from the rain forest, taboo today. Sometimes they stamped the date inside back then.

Back