Survival Bag Pictures / Contents

GlockPower

Anyone here have pics of their survival / bugout bags? And its contents?

I'm trying to put together one, and want ideas... urban / jungle / desert survival, all weather...practical, so no, I don't need 8 different snake bite kits... :rolleyes:

And of course, the gun side, what firearm related accessories would go into it? I have not heard good things about the OTIS cleaning kit, but something simaler would be nice...

I'll list my content idea so far. Maybe a light (under 10lb) and a heavy (under 25lb) bag to compare?

And also, best place to purchase survival accessories / gear?

shtf.jpg

Take out the fire extinguisher and only put 2/3rds of a case of water in my Camelbak and that's my SHTF pack.

Along with CD backups of my hard drive, a spare pare of glasses. The CDs are all my digital photos of my friends and family, since I don't shoot film. It's more for my apt burning down and me having to GTFO than when EMP missiles bombard the world and electricity goes out.

I finally went with the Camelbak Motherlode.

Glockpower: As far as the gun-side of things, I pretty much always have a gun, holster, spare mag and ammo with me (or on me) at all times anyway, so the only thing(s) that I need to add to my BoB is a cleaning kit and maybe some more ammo.

I have the Otis kit for my Barrett M99 and I like it for the most part... granted I probably wouldn't be grabbing the big .50 in a hurry, but the cleaning kit is nice and compact. The one thing to check for with the Otis kits is the thread size when looking for other brushes. The only .50 cal brushes that will fit their wire are the ones they sell... otherwise, you have to buy an adapter.

If it was a complete TEOTWAWKI situation and my truck was disabled, I'm sure I'd be grabbing my AR and donning my LBV in addition to my BoB.

I've got a HUGE list of links for places to buy stuff, I'll try to post a link later or e-mail it to you.

Here it is, the long awaited, much anticipated list of manufacturers and retailers....

mpthole's list of retailers

Of course, no guarantees that all links are active. Sometimes its helpful to use the ctrl+F (find) feature on a web page to look for anything specific.

Someday I'll have a link to this from my main page

Figured it out...

Here is a great pic of someone - VERY PREPARED>

Wish I had thought of it...but I certainly can copy the idea.

It is a Pelican camera/laptop case with the "pick-n-pluck" foam. I asked the guy...great idea!

David

Attachments

• very prepared.jpg
    very prepared.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 430
Back