Surprised at no new GPRs for talking up

Beagle333

Has no one taken Midway up on their big GPR sale yet? Cappers and Flinters and even a 1:32 barrel on big discounts for the last week+, in fully assembled and kit forms. I would have thought I might see a review or two of your new rifles.
I keep putting a percussion in my shopping cart, then taking it out and putting in a flinter, then thinking how easy (really just screw together and stain) their kits are..... and I haven't decided yet! They are allowing backorders, so I haven't felt rushed yet, but they'll stop this sale at some point, so I better make up my mind.

Link to what I'm talking about.... but you probably also have been watching it.
http://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=lyman+great+plains&userItemsPerPage=48

Nope didn't know about this sale. Thanks for posting! That's a really good price for a TACK DRIVING rifle. Hmm I do need a flinter. Ahh Jeez this doesn't help my wallet at all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Buy a kit. Then throw away the lock and trigger and replace with Jim Chambers pre-tuned nice one's and sell to me or deer-slayer at a deep discount. Or better yet how's about those dandy T/C models you got hidden-out down there in bama? I can always use another Renegade you know. ;)

Nooooooooo :eek: I can't go sellin my T/Cs! I just got a .45 Hawken last week. I'm still in the infancy of my collection! :)

Just saying:
I don't have the GPRs lock/s exact measurement in front of me. No matter 4v50 Gary.
Kit lock or a current assembled model that may be slightly adapted to fit the GPR mortise.
If Beagle requires the knowledge of a skill (professional fitting) Jim Chambers listed on his site under General Resources ie business places that sell his locks and likely have a business on-site Smith/s or have assembled a list of preferred rifle assemblers that can answer any question Beagle has in mind. I hope I have answered your questions 4v50 Gary.

Got one:

20170304_155621_1_1.jpg

Good price so I picked up the flint version from Midway a couple weeks ago.

I don't know about the Jim Chambers, but the L&R RPL05 does.

jA7UK5i.jpg

(not mine.... but one of these very kits that a guy over at the CB forum is building)

It isn't hard to fit a new lock, I'm just being lazy.

BTW, I signed up for Ron Scott's English Rifle class at Bowling Green, KY this summer. Because of my ignorance on the subject matter, I asked Ron about books and he said the two volume set, Great British Gunmakers are about the best there are. Both volumes are in my library.

I just asked Midway about the duration of this sale and the girl I was chatting with told me it would run through 3/31/2017, so you have all month. (if she was correct)

Look around and you can find them used for a lesser amount of $$$. I bought a flint 50 calieber slow twist model form a fellow that was not a kit gun - only fired a few times and I think I gave $350.00 shipped for it. I am probably going to swap out the lock with one of the L & R locks and put a set of Davis triggers on it.

Back