Surefire Flashlights

Herb Leventhal

Looking for information re: Surefire Assault Flashlights and any "hands on" experience. A friend mentioned the M6 Millennium Magnum with 20 min of 500 lumen power. On their web site however they describe an advanced rechargable the 10x911 with 20 min of 500 lumen power to be available in Dec 2001. I would appreciate any comments!
Herb :)

Surfire Flashlight

Perhaps I should wait until the rechargeable lights come out in December and a member of TFL buys one and comments. I plan to combine the assault flashlight with a 357 magnum handgun of coarse!
Herb
:)

I have a 9z and a M2 centurion. They are both excellent lights. However i wish the 9z had the tailcap lockout. This is a very useful option for throwing them in a bag or something. I think the newer models have them. The M2 is simply amazing. I found that the clip fits my 1.5 inch belt nice and stays put. I wish the bezel was a little smaller but i guess the vibration damper wouldn't fit then. I would love to try one of the lights with 500 lumens. I can't imagine.
the only problem with the surefire lights are the price of batteries and sometimes they are just to bright. I have found that I much prefer a Arc-AAA to keep with me at all times. They are a very small LED that last about 10 hours on a single triple aaa battery. Nice aluminum body also. Take a look at them at www.arcflashlight.com
I have no affiliation with them whatsoever. Just passing on a very useful item.
Thanks
Michael Goeing

Own both lithium & rechargeable models....

Good Evening Everyone-

My experience is "limited" to a first-generation 9N, a brand new 9AN Commander HA, a Millennium Centurion M2, and an Executive E2-HA. Wow, I must be weird for high-intensity light or something...

The 9AN Commander normally stays at home, except for extended trips or weekends out in the country. The durable Millennium Centurion M2 rides in my briefbag and is my "everyday" light. The Executive E2-HA lives in the center console of my car for map reading or viewing address numbers on darkened houses. It's dandy for dealing with tailgating punks on the highway in their lowered Honda Civics, too! ;)

While these lights are quite expensive, they are drop-dead reliable. Clean threading and supple gaskets pretty much ensure a long and trouble-free service life.

In addition to the lights themselves, SureFire makes a whole boatload of accessories like "spares" carriers, holsters, colored filters, lanyards, batteries, and a bunch of other things.

Go with the low-key Hard Anodized (HA) finish and you won't be disappointed. If you anticipate using the flashlights in a more formal or office setting, you would probably do better with the black or gunmetal finishes.

SGoeing makes a good point that sometimes the lights are "too bright" in some instances. I would love if my Millennium Centurion M2 featured a second low-intensity lamp of 10-15 lumens for close work. The reflection of 65 lumens off a piece of white paper can be blinding. This is where the 9AN Commander has a big advantage.

Herb, what are your anticipated applications for the 500 lumens model? If it's primarily for use indoors with the .357 Magnum, you'll want something smaller, and easy-to-grip that allows you to negotiate doors, locks, and maybe even dial a cellular phone. The 140 lumens coming out of the 9AN Commander is excruciatingly bright...

I'm not a SureFire employee, nor do I play one on TV.

Good luck,

~ Blue Jays ~

Back