Suppressor for Bushmaster Shorty

Rob01

I have been thinking about getting a suppressor for my preban Bushmaster Shorty. I'm just not sure which model to get. I've looked at Gem Tech, Advanced Armament and AWC(pricey). I like the Gem Techs but one of the AA models looked nice too. Can anyone give me some advice on which will hold up longest and suppress the best? Also I would rather have a screw on and not a QD. I just don't like things that move too much. There's just more stuff to wear down and let Mr Murphy in to play. Any other advice that you might think would help would be appreciated too. Thanks.

Advanced Armaments cans are great and the price is right aswell but if you can find a SWR can al the better. here is a pic of the SWR can

Attachments

• savage223withcan.jpg
    savage223withcan.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 154
Jonathan Arthur Ciener makes a good screw-on suppressor for the M16 line. I've had mine for over 10 years and it's still going strong.

I've had an AWC Optima for almost 9 years. Great can IMO. I just love shooting .22 LR Sub-sonics through the AR with the .22 LR conversion in it!:D :cool:

Haven't had any experience with the others. Which ever you go with I wouldn't be too concerned with the initial cost. It is a one time cost that will give you years use. And, if not abused (i.e. externally trashed) will retain value.

Back