Suppressor for 14" AR barrel

aandrews

What's the best, most durable suppressor for an M4-style carbine, with a 14" barrel, that suppresses muzzle blast enough to prevent outright hearing damage when fired indoors with no hearing protection?

Keep a pair of electronic muffs with your rifle. You will be able to hear, the threat will be deaf.

what do you mean by "prevent outright hearing damage? do you mean hearing safe in that its under 140db? Or that it does not make your ears ring? or some other metric?

Only suppressor I have personally shot is a friend Silencerco Omega 300 on both a 7 and 11.5 in uppers with 5.56. 11.5 was noticeably quieter than the 7in. Only shot it outdoors, no ears. It was about as loud as a supersonic/high velocity 22, about twice as loud as a subsonic 22. I'm sure its not hearing safe, but it did not hurt or make my ears ring. no idea how it would be indoors.

super-sonic 223/5.56 there is no such creature, you are looking for snake hips, or chicken lips...

now if you use sub-sonic, that's a different story.

Just don't expect a 223/5.56 gun to cycle subsonics. Had a member go down that road recent. Added a suppressor, as well as went as light as possible on buffer and spring weights. Couldn't get it to even get it to unlock.

Back