Suppressed Weapon Pictures

H&R Ultra-Varmint .223 and TAC-16

I will need to take a better photo, but it is almost 2AM and I just got it all put together. Don't have the scope on straight yet, but it is good enough for a pic.

Here it is: H&R Ultra-Varmint .223 Fluted with 1-9" twist , Tasco 2.5x10x42 scope, and TAC-16 .223 suppressor.

Ultra-Varmint_TAC-16.jpg

/Me = :)

Only the G17 (with an AAC Evolution-9) is mine, but there's a Gemtech Vortex-9 on the Beretta 92 and another Evolution-9 on the P99.

lower007.jpg

Legion2600

I have only had it out once with some friends on a windy day last Friday. On that 24" barrel, NO muzzle blast or report as far as we could tell. The long barrel really helps the suppressor cut the noise. Sounded more like an airgun than a 223.

The loudest thing was the hammer falling and the *TINK* of the bullet hitting the steel plate 50 yards away. (The *TINK* was much louder) The sonic crack really isn't that loud at all. I had only boresighted it and we wanted to see how well the suppressor worked, thus the close target. 100% ear safe, no muffs required with the suppressor on.

I am really glad I went with the 2.5x10x42 scope, nice wide field of view and bright on low power.

Sounded more like an airgun than a 223.

WOW! I've been very imnpressed with Tac innovations stuff and have been wondering about the Tac-16. Looks like Im gonna have to make the call to my SOT.

How is the construction?

Oh, a little FYI: Looking at the pressure curve for the 223 you are going to be much better off using a longer barrel length. I know alot of people describe a suppressed 223 like an unsuppressed 22 Long Rifle. However, to my ear, it was much higher pitched, like a high power airgun. It was really windy that day so that might have hid the noise a bit. I knew it was going to be quiet, just not THAT quiet.

As for the construction, it is built like a tank. Thick blast baffles and spacers. Plenty of metal were it needs to be to get the job done.

Here is a pic of the inside of one.

Inside a TAC-16

In terms of bang (Or lack of it:p ) for the buck the TAC-16 is hard to beat. Everyone I have talked to rates them highly and my SOT sells them regularly. Yes there are smaller, quieter, lighter suppressors on the market. However, the TAC-16 is the Model T of suppressors IMHO. It fills the needs of most people and doesn't break the bank.

Be sure to get the takedown tool. I took mine apart and put Anti-seize on the threads just to make it easier to take apart if I should ever need to.

Waiting for the Form 4/Tax stamps to come back, soon to be my AAC Phoenix .22/45, and AWC 5.56 OPTIMA. More to follow :)

20070216001qf5.jpg

Back