Support this Illinois Congressional Hopeful!

Oscar

After reading many TFL threads, Illinois does not conjure up warm 2nd Amendment fuzzies in many of our minds. This Illinois Congressional hopeful, however, adds a welcome counterpoint. This guy is clearly worthy of support and election.

Politician Raffles Guns to Raise Money

(CNSNews.com) - If political incorrectness is the goal, it's easy enough to achieve: Just ask the US congressional hopeful from Illinois, who's raffling off guns to raise campaign money. Dr. Michael Curtiss, a Republican from Mount Carroll in northwestern Illinois, said he's sold about 1500 raffle tickets for $5 apiece, and he expects sales to grow given the publicity he's getting. Next month, Curtiss will give away an SLR-95 semiautomatic rifle and a .45-caliber handgun, along with lessons on how to fire the weapons and a book about guns and crime. Curtiss said he's raising money and making a point: "Someone has to draw a line, and the raffle is an illustration that it's not the gun that kills, it's the idiot behind it that does," he said. Curtiss is in a three-way race for the GOP nomination in the 17th District. The winner will face incumbent Rep. Lane Evans, a Democrat.

This will probably be the next wave of popularity amongst pro-gun people (rightfully so). Hobgood's experience has shown that we CAN rally behind a cause, at least once in a while (sorrowful [g]). I just hope that so many don't do it that it starts to get watered down.

In the meantime, what's this guys mailing address/website? I'd like more info, but I am more than willing to drop $5 here and there rather than continue donating to the apparent black-hole of the NRA.

------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

Back