Support RKBA Advertising!!!

I don't know any more about it. The ads sound good. Someone posted the URL at GlockTalk, so I'm spreading the word. It looks like they guy running the campaign is Jim Houck. Anybody know of Mr Houck?

I saw this a few weeks ago off TFL when they were just kicking the idea off. Was posted on the The Lawyer's Second Amendment Society, Inc. ("LSAS")homepage. As far as I know they are legit... Have already sent in a small donation to them. Wish I could do more.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

Sounds good to me. I'm going to send a small donation tomorrow. If I actually hear one of these ads on the radio, I'll send in more. I wonder if it's deductible? ;)

contender,i heard jim houck speak at the -n.r.a.members council of westside l.a.-at a monthly meeting in june of this year.he came up with an ad that shows a chalk outline of a body lieing on the street with a phone number to call.the phone number is to the n.r.a.i have seen these ads at -turners outdoorsman-and at a couple of gunshows.i think the guy is legit.------arthur

'Assault' advertising
supports guns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 1999 WorldNetDaily.com

A violent blow to the window of a home suddenly breaks the silence of the night. A woman gasps as she reaches for the phone near her bed to dial 9-1-1. As the intruder enters the window, splintering even more glass underfoot, the woman's voice quivers, pleading for operators to answer her emergency call. Instead of an operator, however, she is greeted with a recorded message telling her, "All lines are busy -- please hold for the next available 9-1-1 operator."
She panics. The intruder is moving towards her now, knife in hand. She begs for the operator to answer her call.

She starts to scream but is muted by the intruder's hand -- or worse, his weapon. Seconds continue to tick off until finally, a male 9-1-1 operator's voice is heard on the phone.

"9-1-1, what is your emergency?" The woman doesn't answer him because she cannot answer him.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" says the operator. Silence. It's too late.

This scenario is just one of several being formulated into radio, television and print commercials by a Los Angeles-based pro-gun organization called Citizens of America (COA). Their idea is to take a no-holds-barred approach to educating and informing the public about the utter failure and fallacy of liberal gun control.

In the process, they want to demonstrate the hypocrisy of vehement anti-constitutionalists like Sarah Brady, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, and Sen. Chuck Schumer, all of whom have access to personal security and bodyguards paid for by the very taxpayers they deny similar protection.

The woman in this particular commercial -- like millions of other Americans -- have no such luxury. And it's far worse for law abiding citizens in America's largest cities, because even though urban areas are inherently more dangerous, they are also the most heavily regulated when it comes to gun control.

COA's approach is brilliant, because it is attempting to do what I and dozens of other Second Amendment supporters have tried to do in the past -- show Americans that it is the leftist anti-gunners, and not "crazy gun nuts" or guns in the hands of law abiding, responsible adults, that kill more people each year. Shortsighted, ignorant policies -- not bullets -- have consistently taken more lives annually than any crime spree or assault weapon.

In another commercial, a "criminal spokesperson" bragged about the "effectiveness" of anti-gun policies. He "admits" what thousands of real criminals have told people for years -- that they love anti-gun laws because they love being able to prey on an unarmed victim. Even criminals are "safety minded," though it shouldn't take a blessed rocket scientist to figure that out.

What I find most refreshing about this ad campaign is the attitude of those who created it. Though they never say so directly, they seem to be fed up with the compromising, no cajones approach toward "reconciliation" with the anti-gunners that is more and more often being used by some gun makers and gun groups. Finally, though, somebody with initiative has figured out that when it comes to the Second Amendment, there is no compromising with the liberal left. The latter has one goal in mind -- the banning of all guns in this country, period. And each "victory" they get is just an incentive to go further, to get more gun control.

The Citizens of America mission statement says it all: "There is an overwhelming need for an operational group, which can strike fast, strike hard, and strike without fear of political reprisal. This is such a group."

"This campaign will not be apologetic, it will not play fair, it will hit below the belt whenever the opportunity presents itself, it will not take prisoners," COA said. That's because they have a single goal: "To destroy those who are tampering with 2nd Amendment freedom."

Amen.

Normally I don't do this, but it's late in the game and I'm afraid we're all in danger of losing our hedge against total tyranny. I would ask that you visit the Citizens of America website, read their message, and send them some dough for their advertising campaign. My friend Steve Vaus, who created the "Dear Mr. President" and "Dear Senator" ad campaigns during President Clinton's impeachment debacle, had some success using this approach, so we all know it can work.

If you're in the radio, television or print news/magazine biz, maybe you can contact these folks and figure out some way to help them. Even a story or a mention of them and their site would, I'm sure, be a huge help.

In the meantime those of you who have never joined a "gun group" may want to consider this. Also, those who do belong to a group may want to discuss asking your leadership to support this campaign as well, since ultimately it will benefit all of us.

Finally, those of you who have been personally victimized, or have had family members victimized, by some low-life scumbag criminal -- and had no way of fighting back because of fascist anti-gun laws -- might want to contemplate supporting this effort. Even if you're a gun hater or believe you personally have no use for a gun, think about supporting this cause because sooner or later an oppressive federal government will get around to banning or condemning something you do enjoy. Bet on it.

And for the record, my check will be in the mail.

Look, the only way to get the message out about the reality of anti-gun laws and the very real damage they pose to society is through a campaign designed specifically for that purpose. "Preaching to the choir" isn't good enough anymore; like WorldNetDaily, it's time to take the message to the masses. This is a way to accomplish that.

I hope you can help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon E. Dougherty is a staff writer for WorldNetDaily.

Joe

And Just Who Reads The "General" Board Anyway?

Back