Super long range 22lr ammo tests--part 1

stagpanther

Today was my first chance to try out the new ammo's altogether--the conditions were calm at my house (though around 90 and stupid humid) so I figure it would be equally as good at the range which is only a mile or two from my house. Naturally they weren't, it was gusty side cross from 10 to 15 + mph and my long range lane was once again closed to me, so I had to settle for a "short" long range of 128 yds. In other words, results probably don't reveal anything I could bank on, but at least I got tor try them out.

First up was Lapua's long range --which I had shot before out of a different riflem, this time I brought my CZ jaguar master blaster. I was a bit surprised by the tightness of the group especially since it was shot off a cold clean bore with no pre-fouling shots. I'm guessing it must have been a lucky fluke--but it will for sure be the first thing I shoot next time I'm out.

attachment.php

Next up was Eley's Ultra Extreme. It impacted significantly higher than the other ammo's--but it's not a true super AFAIK, so I guess that means it's improved efficiency some other way. The first group was pretty poor--over 2 MOA--so I shot a second group and it too was very medicre. I didn't bother taking pictures of those.

Next was Norma's Extreme, and it did quite well--would have been well under MOA had it not been for the "outlier."

attachment.php

Last I shot a Tenex control group since I already know it does very well out of my jaguar out to 225 yds and more. Like the Norma, had it not been for the one wide shot it would have been a nice group, just a bit above the Lapau long range.

attachment.php

Attachments

• lapua long range 128 yds.jpg
    lapua long range 128 yds.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 56
  • norma extreme128 yds.jpg
    norma extreme128 yds.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 59
  • tenex 128 yds.jpg
    tenex 128 yds.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 58
Back