Super Comanche (single shot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Does anyone have any first hand experience shooting or owning these firearm's. Im thinking of geting a 45/410 and would like to know if it will handle the "Buffalo Bore" or "Grizzly" high pressure loads. Any experience's with the "Super Comanche" single shots are welcome.

PASS! POJ. The Commanche line of revolvers are better than most South American imports like Rossi and on par with Taurus for QC. The single shot Commanche is just not worth wasting your money on one.

Well Clone, don't know about them but Sir William does have a passionate NO so I would tend to lean in his direction.

Could you post links or such to the firearm in question, never even heard of them :( and I'm a junkie when it comes to doing research :).

Wayne

When I was looking for a 6 inch .357 for hunting, I stumbled on one in a pawn shop. Like Gazpacho said, it looked used but was NIB. I did some Net research and found that they're tied up with the same importer or company as Bersa and LLama. The cylinder lock-up was loose too, compared to a Smith or Ruger. I passed...

Clone,

Thanks for the links :).

From looking at it, it's a very unique looking pistol. I'll hold any further comments until I see what others say about it.

Wayne

hmm it dont look like anyone has any experience with them, good or bad. I have a black 45LC/410 on order so ill let ya know how things go. I would still like to know if its ok to use 45LC +p in this gun, anyone know?

Clone,

The best advice that I can give about the type of ammo used is to wait for it and read/heed the manual.

If the manual says no, then I wouldn't chance it.

There are only a few well tested guns that I would use the + ammo in even if the manual says don't do it.

Wayne

*Oh, and good luck with it. We will be asking for a range report you know :D.

Clone,

I'll post a range review of it if anyone is interested.

Of course we are :). That's one of the reasons that I like gun forums. But be sure to be honest, no gushing :).

I've also noticed that you like unique firearms :) :)

Wayne

I do my homework before I buy and go for the best bang for the buck. Unigue and in standard cal's is my aim. I have a Phoenix HP22 with 5500 rounds through it and a Hi Point JHP 45.(newest model) @ 561 rounds. Iv ordered a Bersa Thunder 380 for the woman of the house and iv ordered a Rossi 12guage/22mag(fun-gun) for me. :D

The phoenix has been a hellva gun for the price, it will eat any ammo I give it and I cant beat how cheap it is to shoot. I do get a FTF every now an then because of cheap ammo. I get a 2inch group at about 15 yards.

The Hi Point isnt bad either iv not had any problems out of it yet, sept the little woman has a few stove pipes(limp-wristing) ;). I can shoot a rag'd hole at 15 yards. MKS says it has problems feeding with wolf ammo but iv not found a local source of wolf to try it.

Ill post the reviews of the rossi and bersa(if she lets me shoot it) when i get them to the range(cant wait). If u have any questions about the ones i have ill be happy to answer.

Am interested to hear about the Bersa combo gun

Have a Bersa Thunder and it's very reliable-eats even big flat nose cast bullets, so the Bersa name has me interested. On the other hand, have only seen reviews of people shooting at too-close ranges with too large shot sizes and off hand shooting. So, would like to see a 25 yard pattern with 3" #6 shot and some .45 Colt loads from a rest.

Maybe will have to get one this coming year & do my own testing using some Magtech brass or some .444 brass for the .45 Colt handloads ( if it fits this gun). From what my buddy has told me, his T.C. in this configuration wasn't a real great shooter but he didn't try any fancy handloading techniques either. Guess we will have to wait & see when someone gives it a test at a more realistic hunting distance.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back