Super Blackhawk Hunter Returns!!!

Bandit

According to Ruger's ad in Guns & Ammo November 2001 issue, the Super Blackhawk Hunter is back in production and will return to their line of single action revolvers. I for one am pleased it's returning as I've been on a quest to find a good used one from when they were offered years ago but to no avail... Anyone else have any info on the return of the "Hunter"?? Ruger's website has nothing (typical) at this time..

Rick

I saw that, too. They look real nice. I may have to add that one to my 44 magnum collection. Now if only we can get Ruger to make an SBH Hunter in 454 Casull!

Old Thread.

Yeah, Ruger had Hunters on display that the SHOT show January. It's good to know a few are making it to market. I've been to a lot of gunshows since and ain't seen one yet. In that time I coulda bought a hundred SRHs in .454 or .480.... or a thousand Vaqueros.

Maybe it's my own narrow perspective but it always struck me as odd that Ruger discontinued the popular Hunter - even in the face of high demand and strong prices - yet continued to oversupply the market with other essentially similar revolvers that turned over slowly in dealer's inventories and sold only at deep discount. -- Kernel

Last edited:
Just hit the jackpot ...

finally got two of my dream guns -- a new Ruger BH Bisley 5.5" and a BH Hunter, both in stainless.

Only 260 of the SS Bisleys made for Accu-Sport (another run supposedly coming soon in .45 and in .41 Mag). Ruger recently released the Hunters, but Davidson's had all them allocated -- so you'll have to find a dealer that had one on order and hasn't sold it yet. Whew! Managed to track 'em down and now a happy camper. Now if I can just find some time to show them off.

Back