Sunday, with the Ranch Dog

Beagle333

Today, I got a Ranch Dog design from NOE to try out. It is the SC 311-165-RF in HP.
I do not know what the SC stands for..... They have a "TL 311-165-RF" also, that is tumble lube. I guess the "SC" stands for "traditional lube". :p
It looks pretty good on their website. ;) We shall see if I can make some of them. Here is the mold......

setup001_zpsabd5b316.jpg

setup002_zpse43a01c9.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the results. I like em. :)

165RD001_zpse176b8c4.jpg

I made enough for quite a while too. I was so amazed at how well this mold cast on the first time out. I usually have to use one for 2 or 3 castings before it works really smoothly.
(Mike says I never show the rest of 'em.):p
165RD009_zps1aa724eb.jpg

Last edited:
Hey those are PRETTY!!

Now get some slathered down with lube and show us how well they group.

If they shoot as good as they look I might have to look into getting one myself.

As usual, some great pics of some really nice-lookin CBs there Beagle.

Would've really liked to get in on that run but the budget wouldn't let me play.:( Looks like those run about .06" shorter than the (older? / 'standard'?) NOE 311-165"G" mould I've got, which would probably eliminate the very stiff lever-closing I run into when chambering those rounds.

Those pics really make me want to send mine off to have a cavity or two HP'd now though, thanks for that! :p :D

And.... to point out something that might be misleading.... in one of the pics:o, I'm warming the mold on an open-coil hotplate... but note I have a piece of metal in the background that I was using over the coils when the mold blocks were on the hotplate (an old circular saw blade works great), and in this pic, I had it sprue-plate down to warm the top....
Don't put your mold blocks directly on an open-coil type hotplate. It has the potential to warp the blocks.

(it is too late to edit that frame, so I'm writing it here.)

Back