Sunday huntin

e-bear

WOO HOO. We can now hunt on Sundays in Virginia. Well next huntung season anyway. Its been a long time coming.

Good for ya'll.

We can hunt on Sundays since ours is a private club but you cannot hunt public lands on Sunday. Usually we just do evening sits on Sunday though. Gotta hit the Lord's House on Sunday morning for the soul but its a small tradeoff since I get to spend Saturday and Sunday evening in His yard with his critters.

No we can't

e-bear...

I'm thinking that your referring to the senate bill SB464.
THis bill have been approved by the Senate but now sits in the House awaiting assignemnt to a committee. It is expected to be assigned to the House Ag Committe sometime soon, but this is not a dual house approved, signed bill yet. It still has to make its way thru the House committe and theu the Full House....

yep it hasnt passed yet. In fact last i heard it didnt look good for the bill, they pulled it from a full vote b/c they didnt think they had enough support.

That's great.

Now, the rest of the blue laws need to be repealed in the rest of the states. A few, off the top of my head, that have ridiculous restrictions of some kind on Sunday hunting or season openers:
North Carolina
Wyoming
Utah
Idaho

One day, I hope, the idea of "Freedom of Religion" will, once again, include "Freedom from Religion." :rolleyes:

scottyc

scottyc....

They pulled the house bills that were submitted... nothing to do with this one.

And it happened...

SB 464 was tabled in subcommittee.
No sunday hunting for us normal people in Va this year!

Has anyone pointed out to the legislators,

the economic impact of hunting? Seriously, without Sunday hunting how do you ever attract any out of state hunters to VA?

The Missouri Conservation recently posted some statistics on the amount of money brought into the state by out of state deer hunters. I don't recall the exact numbers but it was in the Millions. They considered not only tags but food, lodging, gas, purchases from local stores etc.

Now I don't understand the logic behind "no Sunday hunting" to begin with, but seriously why leave money laying on the table?

Having worked in state government, I can tell you one thing that all politicians understand is additional income for them to budget and play with.

Good luck to you guys.

^^^GOOD POST^^^...

...and us out of state hunters ought to boycott VA hunting to show our support.

Think of the impact on VA if nobody, locals or out-of-staters, bought tags, supplies, gas, food or stayed in motels. Might wake some people up,eh!

MI had some foolish laws like that. They came about to keep the blacks from hunting. One poster just above said it "those are the only days I can hunt" and so it was with them.

We have had 'may issue' gun licenses for the same reason.

I dont know why we have handgun REGISTRATION but no one seems to want to get rid of it. If you mention it in a group it is kinda like you are a real radical??

Good Luck Virginia

Jersey has no Sunday hunting also, though they recently allowed Sunday Bow Hunting, a step in the right direction. Too few hunters and too many deer (in many areas of the state). Giving the opportunity of Sunday hunt should increase the take. If you can't take time off and Saturday doesn't work for whatever reason, you'll get out Sunday. Makes sense but with lawyers making technical decisions...:(

Back