Sunday at the pot

Beagle333

I made a bunch of these today from a 6 cav Lee Group Buy mold. It is a version of the Lyman 358430, but instead of three lube grooves, the Lee version has a crimp groove at the top. They are still 200gr and drop at .359

9-6-15a%20007_zpsnc8xw1le.jpg

But the pride of the day is this Lee 430-310GC 6-cav mold that I had Buckshot shave down to a plain base 250gr'er. I just love the big ol' meplat on these babies.:D
And I cast them with just a touch of frost. I think it helps the powdercoating stick a little better.

9-6-15b%20002_zpspdgcttml.jpg

9-6-15b%20001_zpsqtkuy2kd.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you got some nice ones there. I have that 44 mold in the full version but will probably not use it for much. Might just have to have it trimmed down as well.

I put in 10hrs on Saturday and another 5 yesterday on the tractor mowing down 3-4' tall goat weed. Probably still have another couple of days worth to get done. I however did manage to get out with the grandsons to put a few pellets in the air and a couple of doves in the skillet.

Right now though I feel like I have been in a week long butt kickin contest... getting older and fatter ain't as much fun on the tractor as it used to be.

Today I was prepping some stuff for the 30-30. I'm lubing them with TAC#1, but you can tell that there was still CR in that die when I dropped it in the sizer, as they were lubed right to left. :)
Here's the first baker's dozen:

9-12-15%20002_zpsuon0by96.jpg

Loaded about 180 of these today for Mom. That oughta keep the coyotes outta the yard for about a month. NOE 454-255 RF in Smoke's magenta powder. :)

9-26-15%20002_zpsxwzsxpat.jpg

Those look like a stack of those little sample lipsticks they used to give out years ago.

I bet your mom is having a ball with them.

Back