Sullivan is about to be confirmed by the senate unless we start calling our senators

tooltimey

Yea I know, he'll probably be confirmed anyway, but if a hundred thousand gun owners call their senators once a week demanding that this scumbag NOT be confirmed, I think we have a chance.

He's engaging in the systematic shutting down of gun dealers by perverting the definitions of words like "willful." I think this may be one of the most important 2nd amendment issues to call your senators about in our lifetimes.

http://www.redpills.org/?p=347

I'm glad this thread got plenty of views but the lack of responses is interesting. Is anyone calling their senators to stop this creep from being confirmed? Michael Sullivan belongs in the Clinton administration yet he's in a republican administration as he sends his area supervisors around the country shutting down and harassing gun dealers.

Are gun owners afraid to deal with this Sullivan guy because they're scared of being called a "conspiracy theorist?" Is it because gun owners have given up the fight because this worst case scenario is happening under a "republican" administration (that is supposedly "conservative")?

I sent this to both of my senators:

Dear Senator,

As a constituent of yours and a loyal voter, I thank you for your service representing me before the nation. I know for a fact that you have built your career putting my interests and the interests of Alabama above all else. I therefore request of you to represent me in defense of my rights as enumerated (but not created by) in the Second Amendment to the Constitution by voting to reject the appointment of Michael Sullivan as head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. From the information that has been made available to me I have the belief that he does not respect the absolute rights of our people and has clear intention of curtailing these rights, serving the purpose of restricting freedom in a manner inconsistent with the spirit and purpose and outside the conscience of our nation. Also I request that you reject bill H.R. 2640 and any like it, as they are of ultimately ill intent, serving as stepping stones towards erasing our necessary freedoms recognized in our nation's founding for a secure and free state in which responsible and morally sound citizens can effectively resist and extinguish the oppression of crime and tyranny now and in the future.

-------------------------

So what did you guys write?

He's engaging in the systematic shutting down of gun dealers by perverting the definitions of words like "willful."

Are you sure that he isn't just shutting down gun dealers who don't follow the ATF rules and, if so, isn't that his job as acting director of the ATF?

I understand that the weird redpill blog doesn't like him, but I'm not ready to write anyone until I'm convinced that he is truly a "scumbag".

No offense intended to the OP. I'm just wary of blog-sources. I suppose I ought to check the NRA's position on his confirmation by the Senate.

Edited to add: I can find nothing about him on the NRA's website. ???

Fremmer posted the following re Mr. Sullivan:

He's engaging in the systematic shutting down of gun dealers by perverting the definitions of words like "willful."

Are you sure that he isn't just shutting down gun dealers who don't follow the ATF rules and, if so, isn't that his job as acting director of the ATF?

I understand that the weird redpill blog doesn't like him, but I'm not ready to write anyone until I'm convinced that he is truly a "scumbag".

No offense intended to the OP. I'm just wary of blog-sources. I suppose I ought to check the NRA's position on his confirmation by the Senate.

Edited to add: I can find nothing about him on the NRA's website. ???

-----------------------

As to ATF "rules", it seems to me, and I could be wrong, that there is a passing strange "flexibility" therein. In addition, some would inquire re the following. Concerning ATF rules, were they actually written down somewhere, as well as which edition, compiled by whom. By the way, I will admit to the fact that I personally never held that mob in anything remotely resembling high regard, which could hold my opinions open to question.

I'm rather surprised at how many posters are either unaware or indifferent to BATFE's over the top harassment of Red's Trading Post. I wonder if they are minimizing BATFE's harassment of Red's so they can tell themselves that all is well. So they can justify their inaction.

Here's a scan of the postcards I wrote to my senators:

msullivanbh0.jpg

Back