Suggestions where to buy ammo

Alan0354

The store I bought my Glock 26 said they are willing to receive ammo for me if I buy online. I need suggestions what place to check.

I am looking for 9mm JHP and 38 special JHP.

Thanks

Ammoseek will find what’s available, but the prices are very high. I resorted to trading my excess 9mm for some .38 Spl.

Go to the streets. Ask for a dime bag. They will know what you are talking about. If not ask for 9 dime. Do not know about other calibers.

EmFjd2D.jpg

Last edited:
I am going on waiting list, I want Federal HP, I have the Glock 26, do I get 115Grain, or 124 Grain? Can the gun shoot +P?

Thanks

I ordered from Classic Firearms in the beginning of January. I'm not impressed. If you do, be aware that they charge you immediately upon placing an order and much of what they advertise as in stock is in fact NOT. They will keep your money and not respond to any inquiries and you won't know what you're getting or when you're getting it.

In their defense, these things are discussed in the FAQ of their retail site. I didn't know companies could sell you stuff they didn't have and leave you waiting and wondering in the dark as to whether you'll ever get your merchandise. I didn't think that would be legal. I was wrong and that's how Classic Firearms works.

I'm a fan of sgammo, but I haven't ordered from them during Covid. I ordered some 9mm hp from Target Sports in the middle of last year. It was a good experience, inflated prices aside.

I would opt for the 124 gr for defensive use. I don't own a Glock, but imagine they are suitable for +P ammunition. Check the manual if you have it, or wait for a Glock owner to give you a definitive answer.

Only four places have not been crap this whole time:

Bass Pro/Cabela's (they are the new #1 reseller of handgun ammo after Walmart ended it)
Brownells (just got a case yesterday of S&B 124gr)
Midway
Gunbuyer.

Price gougers:
(used to be best) AmmoEmpire/SGAmmo
Outdoorlimited $100 for 50? Shut up.
Targetsport USA.

Shouldn't be able to log into Federal/Blazer/Speer manufacturer website and buy better than a retail store.

Even Federal has jumped their prices.

"I ordered from Classic Firearms in the beginning of January. I'm not impressed. If you do, be aware that they charge you immediately upon placing an order and much of what they advertise as in stock is in fact NOT. They will keep your money and not respond to any inquiries and you won't know what you're getting or when you're getting it. "

That's certainly not how it worked when I ordered a case of .32 ACP in late 2019.

I made an order, and received a notification that they had, in fact, sold out but said they were expecting another shipment in in a few weeks.

They never charged my card. When I saw the ammo pop up on their site again, I again ordered it, and got it a week or so later.

Maybe it's because it was ammunition. I had ordered $80 worth of parts and tools. I received a $10 part and an email that said there are delays. I can accept delays due to volume and restrictions, but if they sold me something that they don't have, I'd rather a refund than an undefined delay.

Back