• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Suggestions regarding forum group titles

MGMorden

Hey guys - just a simple suggestion here that I figured I'd throw out.

A lot of people these days are using mobile devices to view internet content in general - with a lot of forum users using the Tapatalk app (which you guys have built in support for). The problem is that because when browsing the forum on such an app you get to the forum group titles in a list without the ones beneath it visible until you select one, it gets confusing without more descriptive headings.

Example:

Screenshot_2016-02-04-09-33-00.png

While it might not pose a problem on the web page - from a mobile device like this if you're not pretty familiar with the site already, you have no idea the difference between "Hogan's Alley" and "The North Corral" and what forums are beneath them - resulting in just digging through each one to find what you're looking for.

My personal suggestion would be to choose a little more descriptive names just to make navigation easier.

That's a good suggestion, and we'll mull it over.

However, are you sure you can't have the forum names appear as a default using Tapatalk and have it stored as a preference? I don't use that application, but I think someone would have mentioned that problem before now. And I agree it is a problem if that is the only way it works.

On a "regular" computer, what you illustrated looks like what would happen if someone clicked on all the group collapse buttons (little button to the far right of each category) and left them that way.

Back