Suggestions for SP101 Holster

Milt Sparks makes several IWB holsters for the SP101. I have a VM-2 on order and will let you know how I like it after it arrives.

Sam Andrews in Alachua, Florida

Good Evening Dr. J.-

A fine basketball player and firearms enthusiast to boot, you da man!

My humble suggestion would be to contact Sam Andrews of Andrews Custom Leather in Alachua, Florida for his model called the MacDaniel IWB.

The molding is incomparable and Sam is a delightful, delightful person with whom to do business. After ordering several shoulder rigs, pancake-style holsters, IWBs, and at least a half-dozen belts for myself and as gifts....I can't envision a more knowledgeable person to call about leather gear.

One of my buddies currently carries a 2 3/16" Ruger SP101 in a Sam Andrews MacDaniel with the extended "flanges" that reduce "cylinder bite" and he simply loves it.

Do a search on Sam Andrews in the Gear and Accessories section and you'll certainly come up with his address and phone number.

Good Luck,

~ Blue Jays ~

Dr. J:

I just received my VM-2 for a 2-1/4 inch SP101. I am very pleased with it so far. It disappears under a fleece jacket or a Gore-Tex raincoat. I have not tried the Kydex clips yet. The holster holds the handgun firmly, yet the release is quick and smooth.

Thanks to all for the input.

at2000,
Thanks for the report on the VM-2. I'll give it a look.
I would also be interested to hear how the clips work.

Back