Suggestions for replacement

DennisCA

I recently sent back a Spanish Mauser because of a cartridge-sticking issue. I am looking for another firearm to replace it (in that price range). I was thinking about getting a steyr m95,what do y'all think?
:)

I like mine -
09030604-cropped.jpg

...but ammo can be expensive and hard to find. Not impossible, but not as available as Mauser ammo.

the en bloc clips for them are very hard to locate as well. the low price of the rifle as negated by the high cost of running it. I would recommend one of the cheaper turkish or czech mausers that you can grab at your local big 5 or dicks for $250. I am partial to enfields myself and in my humble opinion they are the best of the WWI-WWII era bolt actions. they are running around $400 right now and appreciating fast.

you can grab a mosin nagant for $125-ish and super cheap surplus ammo but they are not nearly as nice as mausers and they usually have sticking actions regardless of the ammo you use unless you get one of the more expensive finish models.

enfieldplus019.jpg

Here's what I have so far....:D

Thinkin' bout a getting a M44 or M38.

And yes the laminate does look that good - no photoshop here!

Last edited:
Well, a bit above the price line of the M95, but I think a Swiss K-31 would make a great addition to your collection. It is an example of a straight pull action like the Styer, but 7.5X55 Swiss ammo is easier to find, and somewat less costly than the 8X56R Hungarian.

Back