Suggestions for pig hunt in mid west?

Prof Young

Hunters:
I live in southern IL near St. Louis MO. If I willing to drive a day and stay overnight, where could I go to pig hunt and have a reasonable chance of brining one home?
Thanks.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

There used to be a game farm at Fredrichs(burg) or something like that Missouri that sold "boar hunts".

Unless you are looking into hunting on a game farm/shooting preserve, odds are you will need to go south. You should be able to make Texas in a day.

I believe many of the Texas hogs are amongst the missing right now at least according to E Texas reports. Any place you pay to hunt will be fairly expensive.

Nope.... I had two small bunches on cameras last night. Darned if I know where they have been hiding around here, but they have been hard to find.

I give Stony some of my expert hunting advice most every day but he continues to disappoint me with his "no hogs today" reports. Perhaps i should send him photos of what he is looking for and he can hang them on the traps. You know sort of a visual aid so he will know the difference between a hog and a Turkey Buzzard, also maybe a more advanced rifle than a Red Ryder bb gun would help. (I proclaim This to be National Sarcasm Day but i would not partake in such foolishness).

Double D Ranch in southern Ohio offers hunts for wild boars and exotics as well. I took a dandy red stag there a few years ago and had a great time.

Jack

Back