Suggestions for open sights on Henry .22 H001T

laszlo

Inactive
I picked up a Henry H001T Frontier model. Great .22 rifle at a great price point. Real happy with this purchase.

My only gripe is the sights. My eyes are just too old to effectively use the buckhorn and brass bead front sight. So it looks like new sights are in order. Fiber sights have been a huge help for me with my pistols. Ideally I want to get a set of fiber sights with the rear sight mounted on the receiver. Not a big fan of barrel mounted rear sights.

Would like to hear from anyone that is using fiber sights in this configuration.

I like the looks of the Williams products and their reputation is solid. Has anybody mounted the Williams open firesights products on their Henry? Seems the manufacturers have specific sights for every rifle out there except the Henry's.

At this point peep sights are not in the cards. I want to keep this an open sight rifle.

I would take a different perspective about getting a receiver peep sight. Perfect for aging eyes, and looks good on the gun. The fiber optic sights are very visible, but for a 22, they are crude.

Try a full buckhorn. I use mine as a ghost ring.

buckhorn.jpg

Full buckhorn looks like a good idea to me. I can still use open sights even thought the rear sight is fuzzy. I can fill in the blanks with experience. I shoot red squirrels regularly with opens and I always hit em.

Ya know, you may be right on rear fiber sights. Full buckhorn replacement for the factory rear and a fiber front may be a better option. I could always paint a high viz bright white diamond at the bottom for reference. I don't necessarily need a glowing rear sight, just something I can see and gives good contrast. If I can get a folding full buckhorn then that would be a bonus.

Back