Suggestions for BOOKS?

rshaw

Hi All,
I am interested in any and all suggestions for quality BOOKS which include:
- firearm history / use during- WWI, WWII and/or
- technical details of firearms discussed and/or
- quality photographs, etc, etc.

As one collector has aptly said, "Before you buy GUNS, buy BOOKS!" Makes sense to me...
Thanks!

If you own an Enfield No.4(T) I can’t recommend Peter Laidler’s “An Armourer’s Perspective.303 No.4(T) Sniper Rifle enough. Crazily well detailed. Any book by Ian Skenneton grab. Always full of well researched goodies. Same for anything by Peter Senich on German hardware. Roy Jinks History of Smith and Wesson is good too.

Many thanks!! I have a No5MK4 (Jungle Carbine) but I imagine there are details about more of the Lee Enfield variants in there. I will check out these authors and titles at our local bookstore- they can order from the US will little trouble.

An Armourers Perspective was close to $300US last I checked. If don't have the (T) there's not much content for you. If you have the carbine, you would be better served to buy Petrillos "Lee Enfield Number Four Rifles" book and maybe look for Charles Stratton books on Enfields Vols 1-4. None over $20US.
Ian Skenneton's "A Century of Lee-Metford and Lee-Enfield Rifles would be the one to buy if you have room for only one on your bookshelf. Exhaustive detail. About $80 US.

https://www.amazon.com/British-Enfield-Rifles-Lee-Enfield-Collectors/dp/1882391241

Great!! Many thanks :)
Looking for information on the No5MK1, but also on the whole series. Looks like Ian Skenneton's book is a good start.

Last edited:
Back