Suggestions for a new Trigger for a Savage 110

wolfz

I'm looking to get a new trigger installed on my Savage 110 before elk season. I've seen several advertised in the the Brownell's catalog, but I'm not familiar with any of the brands except Timminy(Sp?). Thx, Wolfz

I know of several companies who make triggers for the Savage Rifle

Canjar, Timney, SharpShooter, and Rifle Basix to name a few.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone who has tried anything but the SharpShooter. It was the first on the market, and nice enough to make people want to stick with it. I have yet to try one. My 10 FP trigger is sweet just the way I set it.

Good Luck!

Timney's is still, from what I understand, vaporware...

I'd go with the Sharpshooter trigger. Darn nice.

I've got a Canjar single-set trigger. It's okay, but clunky to use.

I have a Sharpshooter Supply trigger on my Model 11FC. Have it adjusted to 1.5 lbs. Shoots great. Took it out yesterday for some target pratice. Printed 3/4" with handloads at 100 yards from the bench. Helps with sling shooting also. Posted my best group yet sitting with a sling, just under 1". That is NOT normal. Usually post groups around 2" when sitting. But it is a lot easier with a crisp - light trigger. Several people on the Varmint Hunters forum swear by the Rifle Basix trigger. I haven't tried it, but I can tell you that the SSS trigger works great for me.

Back