• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Suggestion: have the database remember visited threads

kcbrown

Inactive
The forum as it's configured right now doesn't seem to properly remember which threads have been visited.

As it happens, it's possible to have the database store information about what threads have been read, and this makes the overall browsing experience much more pleasant, because it becomes immediately obvious which threads have new activity that you haven't seen yet (and which threads you haven't visited at all).

According to the page of the manual that covers it (which I'm viewing here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/vboptions_group_general), there are two settings:

1. Thread/Forum Read Marking Type
  2. Database Read Marking Limit

To have the database store info on what threads have been read, the first needs to be set either to "Database (no automatic forum marking)" or "Database (automatic forum marking)", and the second needs to be set to the number of days to retain that information.

Anyway, if the forum configuration isn't already set to remember this in the database (as, it seems, it isn't), would it be possible for it to be set up that way? It would be of great help to me and, I'm sure, quite a lot of others. I'd like to request that the retention time be set to at least 10 days.

Thanks.

The "new posts" icon (which shows the red crosshairs or a bullet hole) doesn't work for me anymore. It indicates new posts even though the threads were last modified prior to the time of my last visit to TFL.

It stopped workin for me late in the evening on Friday 13 or early Saturday 14.

Please put things back the way they were.

Last edited:
I'm at 121 pages of new post now. Whatever yall did needs to be undone as the "new post" button worked great before.

This should get things back to normal:
Top navbar, towards the right, under Quick Links, pick mark forums read.

Put it back the way it was. Hitting the new post button worked just fine, this is terrible.

Edit: Thank you

Last edited:
This should get things back to normal:
Top navbar, towards the right, under Quick Links, pick mark forums read.

No, no, no, restore the forum to its former configuration.

Let the read and unread threads appear on the same page.

I'm a computer idiot, so my opinion may not count for much:

My vote is to put it back the way it was. It's not that I'm resistant to change. It's just that I don't see the advantage of this style format.

This is just awful. I mean REALLY! Who cares what KCBrown or any other knuckle head with one post thinks about this forum? I know I don't and I also know I am as confused as Joaquin Phoenix was on David Letterman's show, just no drugs on my end.

I know a lot of folks have been "hoping" for some "change" but did that really need to make its way into a firearms forum? HELP ME OBAMA!!!! :eek: Yeah I never thought I'd say that either!

:barf::mad::barf::mad::barf:

Back