• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Suggestion for new heading

Big4Freedom

I really enjoy the forum but would love to see a link in Hogan's Alley between "Tactics" and "Handguns: the semi auto" for "Concealed Carry Firearms". There are so many questions, on a daily basis, that appear among the other listings that I feel it really warrants it's own link. Seems like folks would really enjoy that and make much easier to discuss this popular topic.
Thanks so much for considering.

We've considered something like that before, but we've always rejected it for the simple reason that almost all handguns are, by their very nature, suitable for concealed carry use, and providing a separate section of the forum would really do nothing that's not already being done by the Revolver, Semi-auto, and General handgun forums.

No problem. Your forum completely. I just wanted to suggest that since that topic seems to be brought up lots in each of the three you mentioned, many times with same questions, over and over.

I would respectfully disagree with your reasoning though. I own tons of handguns, of all shapes and sizes, and only truly consider about six or eight of them practical and realistic concealed carry weapons for majority of folks. Other than a small section of folks, the general population isn't gonna wanna carry Desert Eagles, 1911's, and Dirty Harry revolvers for their concealed edc's, as evident with the popularity of compact-micro handgun market currently exploding as CCW permits continue to explode.

Thanks for considering though. No biggie either way.

Back