Suggest shooting glasses

chrisintexas

Please suggest shooting glasses with following criteria - universal or medium- large fit, polarized, fog free, highest impact resistant.

Also do you use safety glasses as shooting glasses?
Have you used shooting glasses as driving glasses?
Thanks so much

ESS ICE LINK

These can be found for a good price and are .mil rated. Most of what you find are ANSI rated for impact. The .mil rated ones are rated for ballistic impact....much more severe. I prefer that level of protection over polarization, etc. These also have good airflow....keeps the sweat/fog down.

I use Uvex Protege safety glasses. They are available in a variety of tints, anti fog and scratch resistant coatings, including some models that meet military ballistic impact standards. Plus they are not very expensive so I have several tints on hand to pick from depending on the light conditions at the range. They look good enough to use as regular sunglasses. The manufacturer's information can be seen here.

I wear a scrip shooting lens now, but before that I used non-scrip Randolph Rangers in several colors. I have used the yellow for night driving at times and the CMT for bright sunny days.

DeCot's Hy-Wyd is another good one.

Neither are Walmart cheap, but they will last a long time and have great clarity

Back