Suggest a Single Stack 1911 in 9mm

vincent

I'm interested in a single stack 1911 in 9mm for the IDPA ESP division and would like to get some suggestions and comments from the members. I have small hands so it has to be a single stack. It seems that there are plenty of $1500 custom pistols available, but I was hoping to find something cheaper.

-Vincent

I've been looking for one myself. Springfield catalogs a loaded 9mm (full size and compact) for MSRP of $730 but good luck finding one. Talked to my local shop and said they could order one from them but it would be several months.

Try a BHP. I have small hands and It works for me. Colt made some that the stores have around here ( in richmond VA )Patrick

Vincent, I too have been looking for one. I tried a SS Springfield in 9mm. It was an absolute disaster. The original ramped barrels had a feed ramp that was way too steep. It is my understanding that SA is replacing these barrels. I am just not a fan of SA guns. They did treat me right in that they refunded my money. Kimber is not offering a 9mm. The Colts I have seen in 9mm are way over priced and from what I have heard not very accurate. There are a few routes you can go. Build your own 9mm if you have the ability - $700. If you already have a 1911 put a 9mm slide and barrel on it. You will have to change a few things on the frame. The third option is to buy a .40S&W Kimber. In ESP 9s and 40s have the same power factor. .40 S&W is almost as cheap to shoot as 9mm.

The STI Trojan 5" is available in 9x19, .40 S&W, .40 Super, .45 ACP, .45 ACP +P, and .45 SUPER Combo Kits. It's STI's single stack 1911.

http://www.stiguns.com/

You can get them from Shooters Connection, http://www.shootersconnection.com/. The owner, Chuck Bradley, is a great guy to deal with and an honorable businessman (also a heckuva shooter -- he's an USPSA/IPSC Grand Master).

I don't think they are on the Shooters Connection website yet.

Quality of the Trojan is on par with top end Kimbers - maybe better. I will be ordering one in .45 ACP just after the holidays.

Back