Successful pheasant hunt

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
I went out yesterday and ended up taking my shotgun for a walk. However, today was a different story. In PA, the bag limit is 2 birds. Both must be cocks in this region. I got both of mine in less then an hour.

My grandfather passed away this week. The weather was absolutely perfect. I can't think of a better way to pass grief then enjoying the outdoors and hunting.

pheasants.jpg

pheasant_hunt2.jpg

ArmySon

Sorry to hear about your granfather. Good looking birds, and a good looking over and under. What make and model is that scatter gun?

The birds were really FAT! My they were eating well. I was skinning off fat forever. Now they're soaking in salt water.

The shotgun is a 12 gauge Franchi Sporting SL12. It's a sweet shooter with ported barrels. I like it better for field hunting then my Browning Citori White Lightening.

Son:

Sorry about your Grandfather. I hope he had a long and happy, healthy life.

Good work on the pheasants. My bro in PA tells me there's a shortage, due to loss of habitat (I wish there was some incentive for farmers to leave stubble and buffer zones). Lots of them here in MT, to I haven't gotten out after them...yet. Been deer hunting instead. Cheers.

Back