• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Submit New Thread/Post taking longer?

Jamie Young

When ever I have posted on TFL or Submited a New Thread its taken so long that I have to Keep Clicking the Submit button until it finally goes threw. Is this a Traffic thing or something on My end? I've noticed Traffic here seems to be at an All time High and I'm wondering if its been slowing the site down?

Please, do not hit the submit button more than once.

When you hit "submit" your post goes through okay. However, it takes a while to index everything and confirm it for you.

So, if you hit submit more than once, it posts your entry more than once. This simply ties up the server, takes up bandwidth, makes everything slower for everyone and frustrates you.

(Plus, it makes a member look dorky for repeating his post umpteen times! :D :D )

But you are right. Things are running slow tonight.

Lots of folks on their computers, I guess.

But have patience, SodaPop. Don't loose your fizz. ;)

It has the Transferring Document and goes up to 37% and hangs up. Then I get really mad and start pounding in my desk. Then I have Patience.

Actually I am having the same problem. Traffic seems to go slow on here nowadays. I click once, the bar starts, but never completes. Click again the blue bar goes away, still nothing. Click thrice and the message goes thru once. Everything is taking slower to load here for me.

On other sites my calbe is still super fast.... I dunno what's goin on, but it isn't normal.

That's directly to the traffic at the time of your post. If you take a look at how many people are online at the bottom of the forum page, you'll get a good idea how long it'll take for your post to view.

I've been working with a slow connection for years now, I've got it down to a science...

I am having the problem to, at all times. Both at home and at work. Something has changed.

(And the timer begins for posting this message . . . .)

on edit: and of course this message is posted without any delay :rolleyes:

on re-edit: but the above edit took about 30 seconds :confused:

Rich,

Have you noticed anything ?

It's still going on and I've seen an Enormous increase in double Postings lately. I just saw 3 People double post.

I don't want to be a nag but Things are really really slow at times.

Open a second window and use it to check to see if your post posted. Cuts down on double taps.

If you are using an older puter, might consider using a GXS routing prioritizer and maby even a DC booster to augment it. Makes the pages seem to fly up.

Sam

using a GXS routing prioritizer and maby even a DC booster to augment it. Makes the p

Talk to Me Like I'm stupid :o I don't know what any of that means?

Thought you'd never ask.

When pages slow. Punch page, drink one Guiness Extra Stout (GXS) and eat a big chunk of dark chocolate (DC).

Do this for every page that is slow and soon they will seem to instantly load for you.:D

Sam........runin

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

And I thought you were talking Computer Terminology:)

You know, after a statement like that, YOU'VE FOREVER CHANGED THE WAY I VIEW YOU!!!! :)

Back