Suarez Combative Pistol Concepts Course review

DeanG

I had the pleasure this past weekend to attend Gabe Suarez's Combative Pistol Concepts Course which was held at the Angeles Shooting Range. As a firearms trainer myself, I am not able to attend, as a student, as many classes as I would like. Mostly because I spend most of my available time teaching. So being able to attend a class given by Gabe was a real treat.

The class was very well organized and run. There was the usual skill spread between students from the well trained and not so well trained LEO's, to the average pistol sportsmen. As the title of the class implied, this class emphises really was on using the pistol as a combative tool. No matter the level of training one came into the class with, we all were mentally and physcially challenged both though thought provoking lectures and skill enhancement drills. Weall came away from the class
with some new ideas on how to better use our pistols in a "combative" way should the need arise.

I would highly reccomend this class to anyone who is serious about learning how to use their pistol as a defensive tool.

Good shooting,
Dean

Back