Styre M95 help

Melkiper

Hi guys, just unboxed my Steyr M95 today and I look forward to the thing beating up my shoulder soon. I bought it from J+G sales and it looks to be in really good condition. I'm just having trouble figuring out when it was made. Any help with the markings would be great! If you need pics of other parts of the gun let me know. Serial number is 8883F

Since the picture of the markings is really big im going to just link the image.
http://imageshack.us/f/43/20130612210630.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks like Vienna 1917 to me. Good shooters, but they kick a bit. I think Fiocchi and Prvi Partisan are making reloadable ammo for these.

Thanks for the answers guys! It now passed my 1933 Nagant Revolver as my oldest gun. Can't wait to to take it out shooting! AIM surplus got 8x56r in stock the day after I ordered my rifle. Not bad timing if you ask me

I have a Budapest Steyr. Make sure you get a bayonet for the rifle. Gives it a little better weight in the front, and looks really coolell

This is one of those calibers that it really pays to handload for. Initial brass is expensive, whether from new ammo or as new cases, but the 2nd and subsequent loads it's 'free'. ;)

I just picked up PP ammo from AIM, 60 rnds. When I bought the rifle a few months back I picked up Lee dies for $30 off gunbrocker and 80 rnds surplus Nazi from LGS. Once I shoot up the PP I plan to reload it, now I just need to find some bullets.

Back